.

.
"el nuevo orden" serie el hombre gris, 2016

lunes, 19 de junio de 2017

Exclusive interview with Cayetano Ferrandez




plank piece I 2016 el hombre gris




Exclusive interview with Cayetano Ferrandez


Cayetano Ferrandez is an artist that we follow and deserves our attention in an exclusive interview we got with him. Cayetano answered a few quations so we can get to know him better, his inspiration and work. Enjoy!






How and why did you get into the art Industry?
I always feel that I am not regarding with the art industry, and I have never followed the predominant trend. Luckily my economic situation has never depended on art which has always allowed a total creative freedom. My photographs are the result of a need for expression and they represent a method of relief, denunciation and liberation. I think basically my work serve to me as a way to reflect about everything that happens around me, they are a path to self-knowledge.

Where did you study, etc?
I have not a professional studies, I learnt in different workshops and courses of several artists-photographers. My references were always Goya, Magritte, Fellini or Brossa. Recently Roland Toporo or Samuel Beckett, it is never finish to learn. My interests ground on many different art disciplines.

How would you describe your style?
I am feel as a dog  who turna round the same sureal tree, taking a simbolic elements.
My top topics are the loneliness, manipulation, illusion, whises and the life sense.

How varied are your work?
Actually I have always worked on the human figure, although It was a casualty that I changed the skin by the plastic of articulated dolls. My work place have ever been the studio and the artificial light, now it is more expressive, particular and easier at the same time.

Do you have a signature touch in your works?
I don’t know, nevertheless I struggle to try to fill of content the photographs, I think the goal will be achieved if the viewer ponder about the piece.

What do you love about being an artist?
The best is that I can see the life in a new light, to change the things sense and to look at everything from othre side, other point of view.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
The inspiration comes from the wish of change, to think another future is possible, that the situation is not just how somebody want to make believe us. We are owners of our life and we can change it.

What are some of your most popular works?
The more popular works are the most simple, the easy reading or more anecdotic ones, it is not mean that these are the best, like the market or the good art not always go together.

Tell us a bit about some of your works and what you love about them. What’s your favorite and why?
Three photographs of my last work “The gray man”: “The Yves Klein jump” (El salto de Yves Klein) 2012 which refer to this same artists and its photograph, but I have added crutches instead of wings as superation of the own limitations; “Equestrian figure”(Figura ecuestre) 2012 which represents the years of the spanish dictatorship to me.“Upside down world” (Mundo del revés) 2012 is the feeling that everything is wrong, that everything is upside down.

Is there anything exciting that you are working on at the moment that you can tell us about?
I am taking up to make sculptures about some of my best photographs and surprisingly they are working as sculpture as well. However I had never thought it until now, currently I consider me more sculptor than photographer or maybe photo set designer. This enrich the conceptual idea which is the important.

What is your philosophy on art and life?
That question is difficult to answer. I can tell that I have known whole my life what I didn’t want to do and now, I am 50 years, I am beginning to find my spot, my method to communicate and those which I want to tell. In my opinion, the research start off to find repeated patterns in the own work and to think about that. But when I am creating, I use to lead me by the intution, letting flow…

What are your art dreams/goals?
I think the excessive ambition bring just stress and unhappiness. I rather to enjoy the process. The artista are not only communicating on the exhibition space, we can share the experiences through on internet and their reach will be higher. I am not into the money, just the need to communicate, to share how I see the life, to contribute something to this experience which is the art.

Describe yourself in three words.
Curious, persistent and critical.


http://iloboyou.com/exclusive-interview-cayetano-ferrandez/



 The Yves Klein jump - El salto de Yves Klein" 2012 







Equestrian figure - figura ecuestre 2012














Upside down world-el munco el reves 2012




¿Cómo y por qué entró en la industria del arte?
Siempre tuve  la sensación de no estar en sintonía con la industria del arte, y yo nunca he estado con la moda o la tendencia predominante. Por suerte mi situación económica nunca dependió del arte lo cual  siempre  me ha permitido una total libertad creativa. Las fotografías que realizó son fruto de una necesidad  de expresión y representan una  forma de liberación denuncia y desahogo. Creo que fundamentalmente a quien sirven es a mi, son una forma de reflexionar sobre todo aquello que ocurre a mi alrededor, son una forma de auto-conocimiento. 

¿Dónde estudiaste, etc? No tengo una formación reglada me formé en distintos talleres y cursos de diversos artistas fotógrafos. Mis referentes siempre fueron Goya, Magritte, Fellini o Brossa. Mas recientemente Roland Topor o Samuel Beckett esto nunca termina...mis interés pasan por muchos campos y muy diversos.

¿Cómo describirías tu estilo?
Creo ser como el perro que se lame sus heridas, que da vueltas alrededor del mismo árbol surrealista, tomando elementos del simbolismo . Son los grandes temas la soledad, la manipulación, las ilusiones, los deseos, el sentido de la vida. 

¿Qué tan variado es tu trabajo?
Realmente siempre he estado trabajando con la figura humana, por una casualidad cambié la piel por el plástico de los muñecos articulados. Mi ámbito de trabajo siempre fue el estudio y la luz artificial y ahora es mucho más expresivo  y cómodo a la vez.

¿Tienes un toque de firma en tus obras?
No lo sé, pero me esfuerzo en intentar llenar de contenido las mismas creo que si hacemos reflexionar al espectador la misión está cumplida

¿Qué te gusta de ser un artista?
Lo mejor es poder ver la vida con otros ojos, cambiar el sentido de las cosas y verlo  todo desde otro ángulo con otro prisma.

¿De dónde sacas tu inspiración?
Me parece que es de el deseo de cambio,  pensar que otro futuro es posible, que las cosas no son sólo como algunos nos quieren hacer creer, que somos dueños de nuestra vida y podemos cambiarla.

¿Cuáles son algunas de sus obras más populares?
Las obras más populares son aquellas más simples, de fácil lectura o más anecdóticas, lo cual no quiere decir que sean las mejores. Es como el mercado o el buen arte, no siempre coinciden.

Cuéntanos un poco sobre algunas de tus obras y lo que te gusta de ellas. ¿Cuál es tu favorito y por qué?
Tres obras de mi último trabajo “El Hombre gris”: "El salto de Yves Klein" 2012 que hace referencia a este mismo artista y su foto, pero a la que he añadido unas muletas a modo de alas cómo forma de superación de las propias limitaciones; "Figura ecuestre" 2012 que para mi representa los años de dictadura en España; and "Mundo del revés" 2012 la sensación de que las cosas no están como deberían, que todo está cabeza a bajo.

¿Hay algo emocionante en el que usted está trabajando en el momento en que nos pueda contar? 
Estoy empezando a realizar esculturas de algunas de mis mejores fotos y es cierto funcionan como tales lo curioso es que yo nunca me planteé hasta ahora, a día de hoy quizás sea más escultor que fotógrafo o  quizás fotoescenografo, esto enriquece el lenguaje es lo importante. 

¿Cuál es tu filosofía sobre el arte y la vida?
Esta pregunta es difícil. Digamos que he sabido toda mi vida lo que no quería ser y es ahora a los 50 donde empiezo a encontrar mi sitio, mi lenguaje y aquello de lo que quiero hablar.
Me parece que la búsqueda empieza por encontrar patrones que se repiten en el propio trabajo y reflexionar sobre los mismos. Pero a la hora de crear guiarse por la intuición, dejarse llevar... 

¿Cuáles son tus sueños / metas de arte?
Me parece que la ambición desmedida solo trae estrés e infelicidad. Prefiero disfrutar del camino. La comunicación ya no sólo está en las salas de arte, podemos compartir las experiencias a través de Internet y su alcance será mucho mayor. No me mueve el dinero, solo la necesidad de comunicar de compartir mi forma de ver la vida, de aportar algo a esta experiencia que es el arte.

Descríbete en tres palabras.
Curioso,  perseverante, critico



Exclusive interview with Cayetano Ferrandez

http://iloboyou.com/exclusive-interview-cayetano-ferrandez/

http://iloboyou.com
Mayo 2017

plank piece II 2017 el hombre gris




No hay comentarios: